According to Liz Mullen, veteran NFL agent Doug Hendrickson
has signed 11 new clients and negotiated more than $150 million in contracts
since joining Wasserman in March.
Hendrickson, along with CJ LaBoy, left
ISE to join Wasserman as the executive vice president – football and vice
president – football, respectively. Hendrickson has been in the industry for
nearly two decades, having spent 14 years at Octagon and four years at ISE
before making the move to expand Wasserman’s football division. The practice,
which launched in 2012, was immediately injected with a 45-man client roster
that Hendrickson and LaBoy brought with them.
After not recruiting last year due to the uncertainty
surrounding his future at ISE, Hendrickson and his team at Wasserman look to
get back in the swing of things this year. He has represented 17 first-round
picks in his career and aims to add to that total in the coming years.
In addition to a client roster that includes Michael
Bennett, Michael Crabtree and Marshawn Lynch, the 11 new Wasserman signees are:
- Jaylon Smith, LB, Dallas Cowboys
- Jalen Richard, RB, Oakland Raiders
- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Oakland Raiders
- Justin March-Lillard, LB, Dallas Cowboys
- Brice Butler, WR, Dallas Cowboys
- Curtis Riley, CB, New York Giants
- J.D. McKissic, RB, Seattle Seahawks
- Kenny Ladler, DB, Washington Redskins
- Rashard Higgins, WR, Cleveland Browns
- Mike Thomas, WR, Los Angeles Rams
- Marcell Ateman, WR, Oakland Raiders
The players will be represented by Hendrickson, C.J. LaBoy
and up-and-coming agent Mike Swenson. With the addition of these 11 players, Wasserman
now represents a total of 59 players in the NFL.
Source: Sports Agency Blog